Looking for ways to stay healthy when you travel?
Today I am breaking down the best tips to help you stay healthy when you are on the road. Best part?
I got a FREE Healthy Travel Planning Kit to help you plan for all your upcoming trips.
As we enter the holiday season, I thought what a better time to share these tips with the iAmHealthyfit Family. Yes, if you are reading this, I consider you a part of my family. Most of these tips can be used for personal travel as well as business. Before I forget, if you are going on vacation, earlier this year I shared some awesome to tips to a healthier vacation that you might find helpful. Please check them out and tell me what you think. Let’s get started.
Do Your Research
As soon as you learn your destination, research the area and the amenities in the hotel. This will help you make informed decisions when you plan ahead. You want to make sure you do your research, because all these elements will impact your ability to stay healthy while you are on the road. Here are some of the questions I would myself.
- Does the hotel room come with a full kitchen? If so, do you plan to use it?
- Is there access to a fridge and microwave? Not all hotels provide microwaves in the room.
- Does the hotel offer breakfast? If so, what is the menu? Can you take advantage of this meal option?
- What restaurants are near the hotel? Are any of them healthy alternatives?
- How many meals are you willing to buy during this trip? Do you have a traveling budget it? If so, what is it?